You want to be able to add startup items that run when Windows starts. In previous versions of Windows, you could easily add them to the “Startup” folder in the Start menu which is no longer visible.
- Open the Windows 8 start screen by doing one of the following:
OR (as commented by Rick) Press the ‘Windows key’+'R’
- Press the Windows key
- Move mouse to the bottom left of the screen. When the start screen icon appears, click once.
- Type %appdata% and press Enter. This should take you to “C:\Users\
- Navigate to “\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup”. The full path should now look something like:
- Add shortcuts to the programs you want to automatically start into this folder.
You can now add any shortcuts you want to start when you start your computer.
Source :How to add Startup items to Windows 8 | Fix-KB